Saturday, April 3, 2010

Monster Love Has Been Spread

This past Thursday morning I dropped off all the Nemes, Nums and Worms at the local Children's hospital. I had 52 items in total, which amounted to about 8 good weekends of work. I thought for sure that would last a while.

Well, I got a call on Friday and was told that they had all been adopted by the patients. Apparently, they were a big hit! I was planning to make more after a 6-8 week break, but it sounds like I need to get busy. After all, putting a smile on a kiddo's face is what it's all about. I know every time Mikey has surgery he loves getting his new blanket or toy.

I'm off to the monster factory!

With friendship,

Care'

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am bowled over by your dedication and generosity.

Care said...

I love doing it. Childrens takes such wonderful care of us each and every time we are there. We have been blessed by our interaction with the individuals that work there. If it were not for those great people, I'm not sure we would have made it through those first few days of Mikey's life. Unfortunately I don't have the means to write a large check, but I can sew. I'm just glad I can make a difference - even if it is in a small way.

libu said...

awesome!

Alessandra@ Tribal Times said...

That's fantastic!!

Turtle Bead said...

That was so kind of you! I'm sure that made their day!

 
Copyright © 2010 Handmade with Care' | Design : Noyod.Com